Your Support Makes a Difference!
By supporting Higher Ground you will provide invaluable opportunities for children, teens, adults, and the military community with physical and cognitive disabilities to experience the thrill of recreation in the beautiful outdoors. Your investment will also provide each participant with the tools to build confidence, increase independence, and find inspiration necessary to pursue goals related to school, work, family and health.
Click here Unrestricted Donation (Higher Ground's greatest needs)
· Higher Ground is a 4 star Charity Navigator recipient and one of only 49 non-profits to receive a 100% rating.
Click here HG Sun Valley Winter Recreation Program
· The Winter Recreation Program primarily focuses on alpine skiing, snowboarding, sled hockey, and Nordic skiing for individuals with physical and cognitive disabilities. We serve both local and visiting guests.
Click here HG Sun Valley Summer Recreation Program
· The Summer Recreation Program is a 10-week program that provides a unique setting for individuals with physical and cognitive disabilities who otherwise may not have the opportunity for a day camp experience.
Click here HG Sun Valley Special Olympics
· We are proud to be the Wood River Valley’s local affiliate for the Special Olympics organization for individuals with cognitive disabilities. We offer seven programs for our athletes: Nordic skiing, Alpine skiing and snowboarding, soccer, basketball, bocce, and swimming.
Click here Amanda Walton Scholarship Fund
· The Amanda Walton Scholarship Fund was created to help countless people with disabilities gain access to the magic of sports and recreation. Through a unique and innovative process involving sports, family, and coping therapies, individuals with disabilities are able to discover their own limitless potential and reclaim their lives.
Higher Ground Military Programs
Our mission is to provide the most effective therapeutic recreation services to military families confronted with traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress (PTS), military sexual trauma (MST), and polytrauma through the use of evidence based practices and the sustained continuum of care necessary for a successful reintegration into their families and communities.
By supporting Higher Ground, you play an integral role in improving the quality of life of a service member or veteran.
-Click here HG Sun Valley Military Program
The Higher Ground Sun Valley Military program is the cornerstone of all of our military programs. We hold 13-15 week long camps each year for veterans and their supporters.
-Click here HG Los Angeles Miltary Program
The Higher Ground LA office is officially open in Bob Hope Patriotic Hall serving the expansive veteran population in the Los Angeles area. We offer both day and week-long programs.
-Click here HG New York Military Program
Higher Ground’s newest expansion effort, Higher Ground will be holding its first week-long camp in New York out of the Beaver Hollow conference center in the spring of 2017. Help us continue to serve veterans in the North East.